POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fog and transparent open mesh : fog and transparent open mesh Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  fog and transparent open mesh
From: CAD-Andi
Date: 2 Jun 2010 19:45:01
Message: <web.4c06ec1fc3237a417fa521e30@news.povray.org>
I'm using 3.7.beta.37 and have a problem with fog and transparent open meshes.
I'm simulating the view out of a vehicle. The geometry I have Is fairly complex.
Everything is done with the "mesh" and "smooth triangle" commands. The problem I
have is that either fog is not visible through the windshield but is visible
through the open side window, or, if I put the inside vector on the other side
of the windshield the effect is reversed: Fog is visible through the windshield,
but not through the open side window. I tried the "hollow" command on the meshes
with no effect. I had similar issues with planes that have images with
transparent background mapped to them (landscape) but this got resolved when I
added the "hollow" function to the plane. Any suggestions?