POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : centered and resized model question put differently : centered and resized model question put differently Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  centered and resized model question put differently
From: optima
Date: 1 Jun 2010 03:40:02
Message: <web.4c04b8469ed47b0df816feb0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I position models in povray through a program written in C#, in povray I can
manually position them any way I want thru trial and error.

thru C# though, I cannot position models in povray as I want them to. I divide a
models xyz dimensions by 2 in final translation to get the center of models. But
even though I use same code in povray and export models with same settings from
3ds max and then poseray, models show up in slightly different positions when
rendered. (actually they almost always show up by half the distance of x or y or
z axis/size of model)

Is it right that I divide models xyz dimensions by 2 for positioning purposes?

I suspect this happens because models are downloaded from the net and no matter
what setting I apply in 3ds max they will have different internal settings
because they are built by different artists at different times using different
versions of max, different etc. Do you think this is correct?

Thank you very much for any help

PS: I create a box in 100 cm xyz in max then I fit the model into this box  in
xyz. I do this so that I can resize the models to a specific dimension
programatically. Could this be the culprit?