POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Installation of Linux POV-Ray : Installation of Linux POV-Ray Server Time
29 Apr 2024 07:30:58 EDT (-0400)
  Installation of Linux POV-Ray
From: Tetraboss
Date: 29 May 2010 11:55:00
Message: <web.4c0138267b313a54fe8f48170@news.povray.org>
When attempting to install the Linux version I got the following message-
"This machine does not seem to be a Linux PC. This version only runs on an X86
Linux machine. You can force installation by .... etc." I have looked through
the TAG stuff on Unix and could not find anything I could understand. The
machine is a 64 bit AMD running OpenSuse 11.2. Is the 64 bit the problem? I did
not want to risk forcing the installation without knowing more.