POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to render a realistical raindrop on a leaf surface? : How to render a realistical raindrop on a leaf surface? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  How to render a realistical raindrop on a leaf surface?
From: Dream
Date: 27 May 2010 06:40:00
Message: <web.4bfe4add49e4350e1524ae1d0@news.povray.org>
Hi, guys,

Nowadays I have rendered a scene of raindrops on a leaf surface with Pov-Ray for
windows. And now I get a rendering result which you can see at this web page:
http://cid-ad5320bb5424a20c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/raindrop%20rendering/raindrops265.png.
(Sorry for that I can put up an attachment for my first time to this newsgroup)

Generally speacking, this result of raindrop rendering has a long distance from
the realistical appearence. You can see the raindrops on the leaf has an ugly
reflection and they are not transparent enough. However many papermeters of drop
material have been modified several times, but I can't get a satisfying result.

Therefore, here I ask for your help for how to render this scene for a
realistical result? How to set the papemeters for drops meterial?

The following is my parameter setting for drop:

material {
      texture{
           pigment{Clear}
           finish{