POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Anamolous material : Re: Anamolous material Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anamolous material
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 26 May 2010 10:50:00
Message: <web.4bfd3400d3c6d2786dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > Can take up to 30 seconds to blow, even on a hot fire, plenty of time to
> > retreat.
>
> The worst is when after 2 or 3 minutes it still hasn't blown, what to do?

I've never seen *nothing* happen... if the valve melts you usually get a whistle
or a woosh, then you have to decide whether to go back and knock it out and into
the undergrowth, or wait to see if it still goes up (can happen).

What to do... I recommend a riot shield! Or failing that, sturdy sunglasses, a
dustbin lid and a Long Stick.

> Another interesting one is to put baking soda and vinegar into a bottle and
> put the lid on quick (or use some cunning method to delay the mixing of
> vinegar/soda).

Hmm, how much of the ingredients do you need? Some vinegar first, hold the
bottle on its side, pack the cap with soda and screw it on, shake and throw?

Or, you could contrive some kind of floating separator like a small piece of
clingfilm, pour in the soda, screw on cap, shake and throw?

I think shake and throw will be the modus operandi for this endeavour,
regardless!