POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prehistoric dust : Re: Dusty Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dusty
From: Clarence1898
Date: 18 May 2010 20:10:01
Message: <web.4bf32b64ecb621eff0b197720@news.povray.org>
> Clarence1898 wrote:
> > You can run Linux on an IBM z/series machine, just like on a PC.
>
> Actually, last I read, you could run some 300 Linux VMs on a z/series
> machine without noticing a slow-down. :-)
> --
> Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>     Ada - the programming language trying to avoid
>     you literally shooting yourself in the foot.

I read an article in one of IBM's technical bulletins where they started running
more and more copies of z/Linux under z/VM.  Somewhere past 10000 concurrently
running copies of z/Linux the machine finally cried enough.  Depending on what
hardware you are running on, you could do that easily.  That is unless you
started running Povray on all those copies.

Isaac