POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Polyhedra -- intersections of planes or unions of faces? : Re: Polyhedra -- intersections of planes or unions of faces? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:48:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Polyhedra -- intersections of planes or unions of faces?
From: Garrett Baird
Date: 18 May 2010 03:40:01
Message: <web.4bf2435ec1a647be77ad2a380@news.povray.org>
Thanks, fellows, for your helpful advice.  I've created a triangle mesh out of
the whole affair, and it consists of 50,000 triangles in total.  Is that an
exceptionally large number of triangles for a mesh, or is that a reasonable
amount?  I realize it's a vague question, but I'm just trying to get a sense of
what's "normally" done for projects of this type.

Thanks, GB