POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Laid Off After 21 Years! : Re: Laid Off After 21 Years! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Laid Off After 21 Years!
From: gregjohn
Date: 17 May 2010 07:15:00
Message: <web.4bf1250dd7cf1cfb34d207310@news.povray.org>
In my company, it's interesting that there's a certain Project Management
certification one can get.  All the people I know personally who have this are
recently retired and/or about to be laid off.  On one hand, this unscientific,
fear-based correlation in my head makes me wonder if people taking the time to
get this certification helped get them laid off.

On the other hand, I overheard a quick job interview that happened between
casual friends at a party-- one had started his own company and was hiring
another about to be laid off-- and the main and only criteria that was needed
was this certification.