POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Labels on geometrical figures : Labels on geometrical figures Server Time
7 Jul 2024 06:54:03 EDT (-0400)
  Labels on geometrical figures
From: Ellef Fange Gjelstad
Date: 11 May 2010 09:20:01
Message: <web.4be9592a46e13db470a952e70@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am making simple geometrical figures to be used in a math class.  Students are
supposed to calculate volum, surface area etc.

I would want to draw some labels and "help lines" on the figures.  E.g. I want
to put one line and one letter "r" for the radius, and one line marking the
height.

One option is to do this in the style of Friedrich Lohmueller
(http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/addon/00_Basic_Templates/24_shapes_lo.inc/__index.htm).
 However, I would rather want all lines to be black and in the same width (e.g.
5pixels), regardless of the distance to the width.  That is, I don't want the
lines and letter to be objects in 3d space, but rather markings over the
picture.  At the same time, I want the line to be automatically placed on the
right location, e.g. from the bottom of the cylinder to the top.

Is this possible in pov-ray?

Regards, Ellef Fange Gjelstad