POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem with normals? in mesh2 : Re: Problem with normals? in mesh2 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with normals? in mesh2
From: gregjohn
Date: 10 May 2010 19:15:00
Message: <web.4be892a6ba33d76a34d207310@news.povray.org>
Thanks!  I tried simply turning off the normals and it looked better.

But what would I have to do to make a value-add normal?  Take the case of mesh2
that is a torus (or an arbitrary bend if you're tempted to tell me the math for
a torus' normal).  I'm guessing having my normal be merely "normal" to the
triangle itself would be pointless.  But how many surrounding points would I
need to use-- the eight surrounding points, or what?