POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fighting a "civilization-ending" volcano : Re: Fighting a "civilization-ending" volcano Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fighting a "civilization-ending" volcano
From: Kenneth
Date: 6 May 2010 08:40:00
Message: <web.4be2b77ed4ac06b2ae92d9930@news.povray.org>
"somebody" <x### [at] ycom> wrote:

> Sure. We can stop worring over highly improbable doomsday sceanarios, for
> starters.

But they're usually accompanied on TV by some neat-o computer graphics. Give me
more!  (That's the only reason I watch that stuff--the 'doomsday scenarios' are
just filler; the CG is cool!!)

It's become clear to me that there really *is* no protection from/answer to
possible 'cataclysmic events.' The only practical thing to do is bend over and
kiss our arses goodbye. ;-P  Heck, if BP can't even stop a little bitty oil leak
under the ocean, we're in a sad state! The only solution to it all is..."Don't
worry, be happy!"

Ken