POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fighting a "civilization-ending" volcano : Re: Fighting a "civilization-ending" volcano Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fighting a "civilization-ending" volcano
From: gregjohn
Date: 6 May 2010 07:30:00
Message: <web.4be2a7c6d4ac06b234d207310@news.povray.org>
Yall're missing the point.  I would suppose that a volcano which ruins air
travel for a century could make for some very interesting health hazards far
beyond that of urban smog for the country in its path.  Do you just emigrate,
have funny-looking kids for a generation, or fight it?

Pamela Gay was talking about how there was one eruption a century or three ago
that lasted a year. I think this would make a really cool TV show to interview
civil engineering and geology professors as to how this could be fought.