POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 6 May 2010 04:40:01
Message: <web.4be2800765add2316dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> No, I mean... When you adjust the exposure, you turn it up or down
> *relative* to what the camera thinks it should be. But with the shutter
> speed, you can have it automatic, or completely manual (i.e., you have
> to somehow *guess* what the number should be without any assistence).
> It's not relative to what the camera chose.

My point-n-shoot previews the effects of manual shutter speed and aperture on
the screen... it's pretty reliable, it usually only takes me one or two test
shots to get the effect I'm after. I don't quite understand how it does this for
the exposure times; presumably it's just a precalibrated brightness
change.