POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Possible bug with debug file output : Possible bug with debug file output Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Possible bug with debug file output
From: fillibar
Date: 5 May 2010 13:25:01
Message: <web.4be1a8b66eee2a9fa3fcf12a0@news.povray.org>
I just put 3.7.37a on a computer that had always been running 3.6. I just
started outputting the debug information to a file (to confirm what values were
used per frame since I am making MANY frames and wanted to know what values
cause bad looking frames).

In 3.6 each "block" of debug information was written into the debug.txt (the
filename I am outputting to) sequentially, with each frame appending to the
content already there. So I was able to look through the debug values for the 10
sample frames I rendered (only 10 at the time) and everything was listed. I even
added extra debug text to help separate the frame output because of this
feature. The entire file was overwritten if I restarted another sample run
(which is preferred for my needs).

I just installed 3.7.37a earlier today and ran the same .pov file with the same
options. Now the debug.txt file is created but the information is contained with
each frame. So if I let it finish the entire sample, I will only have the values
for frame 10 not the other 9 (which is needed).

So my question is this:
Is this an EXPECTED feature change or is this a bug I should put into Flyspray?

I did searches but did not find anything that seemed to relate to this, but I
might have missed it.