POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What other software reads SDL? : Re: What other software reads SDL? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What other software reads SDL?
From: Kenneth
Date: 5 May 2010 08:00:01
Message: <web.4be15d17360390a6ae92d9930@news.povray.org>
"darenw" <Gre### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> AFIK, among major pieces of software, only POV-Ray reads its own Scene
> Description Language.  There may be some handy specialized utility programs too,
> but I'm interested in major apps and especially renderers.
>
> What other significant software can parse and do something interesting with SDL?

I'm no expert on this particular subject, but AFAIK, none. (However,
triangle-mesh *objects* made in other programs *can* be translated into
POV-Ray-readable code, by way of a little utility called POSERAY. But I don't
know if it allows a two-way process.)

One of the significant advantages of POV-Ray over other major apps is that
it's...free! And the SDL language is quite powerful.

Ken