POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 37 changes to file gamma? : Re: Beta 37 changes to file gamma? Server Time
4 May 2024 23:52:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 37 changes to file gamma?
From: JJ
Date: 3 May 2010 14:30:01
Message: <web.4bdf150a90dc9ef6cdadb0b0@news.povray.org>
"Quietman" <quietman1968 at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just trying out beta 37 of povray and all output files are over bright
> compared with earlier versions.
>
> I always add the following lines to the end of my povray.ini file.
>
> ; .png Image Type by default
> Output_File_Type=N
>
> ; Picture brightness
> Display_Gamma=1
> File_Gamma=1
>
> The display seems ok but the output file is lighter, even with the default
> file type (BMP).
>
> Anyone else having trouble or is it my setup thats gone wrong somewhere?
>
> Cheers.
Hello,

I have the same problems with PovRay 3.7 beta 37.
Previous beta version was OK for me : 3.7 beta 36. But for installation of beta
37 it was need to uninstall beta 36... Now all pictures are white...
I tried with this ini seetings:
; Persistence Of Vision raytracer version 3.5 sample file.
File_Gamma = 0.980
Display_Gamma = 0.980
Antialias=On
Sampling_Method=1
Antialias_Threshold=0.1
Antialias_Depth=4
Input_File_Name=name.pov
Output_Alpha=off
Output_File_Type=N   ;; S= bmp, T=uncompressed tga &  N png output
+w800
+h600

;+w3200
;+h2400
Cyclic_Animation=off
Pause_when_Done=on

But if "assumed_gamma 0.98" at 0.98, 1.00, 1.02, 2.0 ,2.2 is present in the .pov
file, same result in the picture : white.
It seems that we can obtain something right if we comment assumed_gamma value :
//assumed_gamma 0.98
in the .pov file
and if we use File_Gamma and Display_Gamma in the ini file.

Now, the modification of assumed_gamma "value" in the .pov file seems to have no
effect on the picture (display)

May it is possible to find beta 36 somewhere?

Many thanks for your advices.

Cheers,

JJ