POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Shift of interpolated images : Re: Shift of interpolated images Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:51:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shift of interpolated images
From: Kenneth
Date: 1 May 2010 03:20:01
Message: <web.4bdbd58272a6f2d8ae92d9930@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> ...The chart came in handy, to make sure I was getting
> a 1:1, pixel-for-pixel reproduction of the images when copying them. This
> method and code *do* reproduce the image_map faithfully, edge-to-edge and
> corner-to-corner.)

Hmm, I'm wondering if something in my own 'reproduction' code is the fault here.
Since I'm re-rendering typical 4/3 images, the box that they're applied to is
this (with the camera at x=0,y=0 and look_at the same):

box{
pigment{image_map...}}
translate <-.5,-.5,0>
scale <4/3,1 1>
}

The 4/3 scaling is the only oddity I can think of.

Ken