POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speed of 3.7 beta vs. 3.6 : Speed of 3.7 beta vs. 3.6 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Speed of 3.7 beta vs. 3.6
From: jhu
Date: 26 Apr 2010 21:10:00
Message: <web.4bd63930df721a4a6015b4b80@news.povray.org>
Quite impressive. I just bought an Athlon II x4 (thank you AMD for maintaining
backwards compatibility!) and wanted to see how fast thing thing was. One
interesting test I did was to render a particular scene using 3.6 with 4
instances vs. 3.7. I was expecting the render times to be about the same. Yet,
3.7 took half the time that 4 instances of 3.6 did. What's allowing this speed
up?