POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another philosophical religious thought... : Re: Another philosophical religious thought... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another philosophical religious thought...
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Apr 2010 04:25:01
Message: <web.4bcd63c0cc2a99fef3872a2f0@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
>  > Yes, it's pretty much like that,
>
> I find of the games he and I have both played, I liked what he liked and
> disliked what he disliked for the same reasons. They're serious reviews, but
> he tries to tell you the bad stuff without telling you the good stuff for
> the most part.

Truly threw away the good stuff:
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/107/1076575/god-of-war-iii-20100310054652777.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/107/1076575/god-of-war-iii-20100310054646278.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/107/1076575/god-of-war-iii-20100310054637903.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/107/1076575/god-of-war-iii-20100310054725807.jpg
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/god-of-war-ii-ost/cofjnrbthc/04-colossus-of-rhodes.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/god-of-war-ii-ost/cbucjcdtpn/11-exploring-the-isle.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/god-of-war-ii-ost/lurqbwlurv/12-the-isle-of-creation.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/god-of-war-ii-ost/hptfiuchdw/18-crossing-the-lowlands.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/god-of-war-original-soundtrack/qzedfjrkwa/15-the-great-sword-bridge-of-athena.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/god-of-war-original-soundtrack/jwrqjsfzag/11-athens-rooftops-fighting.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/god-of-war-original-soundtrack/lbtsxmnvxc/21-the-architect-s-mysteries.mp3

In any case, my point for bringing up God of War in a kinda off-topic manner is
because it features a mortal bringing death to the Gods of Olympus and the end
of myths.  I interpret it as the ultimate allegory for atheism, nihilism and
hedonism.  Like Kratos himself puts it:  "I have lived in the shadows of the
Gods for long enough!"  And they say videogames are just mindless fun. :P

anyway, I saw it as kinda fitting here, I guess...