POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help needed: ascending spiral to (parametric) isosurface : Help needed: ascending spiral to (parametric) isosurface Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Help needed: ascending spiral to (parametric) isosurface
From: ruy
Date: 16 Apr 2010 16:00:00
Message: <web.4bc8c141f2501ba970e596300@news.povray.org>
Hello yet again,

I've been toying with my ascending spiral for a long time now, and I believe I'm
achieving some good results, finally. Actually, thanks to you guys, of course.

Anyway, Although I tried it a million different ways, I'm still getting
artifacts, and I don't see a way to get rid of the problem.

So, I started to wonder if there is a way to transform my ascending spiral into
an isosurface. A parametric isosurface would be even better. And if there is a
way to transform a blob straight into a mesh, that would be simply perfect. Here
is a post to the images forum, so you can see the spiral:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.4bc8bcc516734c1270e596300%40news.povray.org%3E/

I got it by way of a cylinder blob with some 10,000 cylinders, and still those
pesky artifacts remain. All I want is to make it completely smooth, and keep it
"renderable" with my meager equipment.

Thanks once again,

Ruy