POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can I use a function to create a pigment WITHOUT using a colour_map? : Re: Can I use a function to create a pigment WITHOUT using a colour_map? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I use a function to create a pigment WITHOUT using a colour_map?
From: Reactor
Date: 12 Apr 2010 23:20:00
Message: <web.4bc3e1d2256a6c95e7952b4a0@news.povray.org>
"Rarius" <rar### [at] rariuscouk> wrote:

> There is something odd going on here.

I think I understand.  You are using x, y, and z literally in your code, and not
to represent some value in your post.  In that context, x, y, and z are vector
identifiers, not operands.  They would have to be enclosed in a function block
to be treated as operands.  The average method that you listed is probably the
best way to work around this.

-Reactor