POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPad: WTF, Apple? : Re: iPad: WTF, Apple? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPad: WTF, Apple?
From: Kenneth
Date: 5 Apr 2010 00:50:07
Message: <web.4bb96bbfcc250ef265f302820@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Well, my mom isn't a total computer noob. She uses whatever computer is
> currently available and around in the house, which means she regularly
> switches between Windows XP (sister's computer), OS X (dad's old laptop),
> and Debian/KDE (my computer). But she doesn't really use any program other
> than Firefox, or MS Office/OOo.org (only to read stuff she receives)...

Wow! Windows, OSX, Debian, Firefox--that's light-years ahead of most of my older
friends' abilities, who have a very hard time just slogging through Windows (and
whatever was initially installed on their systems.)

I started on a Mac, then switched to a Win machine. A cutting-edge friend of
mine (on a Mac) keeps me up-to-date on the Mac's OS workings. And he will
probably be the first person I know to get an iPad--then I'll be able to check
it out for free!

Ken