POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPad: WTF, Apple? : Re: iPad: WTF, Apple? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPad: WTF, Apple?
From: Kenneth
Date: 4 Apr 2010 12:35:00
Message: <web.4bb8bebccc250ef265f302820@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> No USB port?  No multi-tasking?
>
> Is it me, or is this thing just an over-sized iPod?

I suspect that Apple already has a 'new and improved' iPad, just waiting for the
'proper' time to release it--which would be a brilliant (and typical) marketing
ploy on their part. They *know* that their loyal fans (as well as bleeding-edge
techno types) will probably snap up this first one. If the price were not so
high, I'd probably get one too! IMO, whenever Apple releases some hot new thing,
it seems to be intentionally 'hobbled' to a degree--if that's the right word. In
other words, not quite at the level that they know to be its true potential.
Then later, an even *more* amazing version hits the market--increasing their
profits, naturally.  This first release--quite a nice one in itself--gives them
a chance to rake in a sizable sum, while judging the market to see what new
additions folks are clamoring for, etc.

A recent news headline has piqued my interest: "Will Apple's iPad be the
laptop-killer?" I would guess that that's a logical progression, the final iPad
iteration that Apple might be planning for the not-too-distant future.

Ken