POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cheap microscope : Re: Cheap microscope Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cheap microscope
From: JimT
Date: 31 Mar 2010 09:45:00
Message: <web.4bb3517b3749041d984b45000@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> Attached is what you get when you cross one of these:
>
> http://www.fujilab.co.uk/catalog/images/magnifier%20loupe10x.jpg
>
> with one of these:
>
> http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/6/canon_powershot_g7_zoom.jpg
>
> I was amazed that I could resolve the black gaps inside this LCD pixel that
> are only 1800 nm wide - that's just 3x the wavelength of red light!  And
> with a old consumer digital camera and 1 euro magnifying thingy.

That looks neat. I have a G10 which (I think) uses the same optics and has
increased resolution to 14.7Mp (though the G11 went back to 10. Maybe 14.7 is
OTT) and would be interested to know a few more details of how you did it.

I guess the image fragment you provided was part of a much larger 10Mp image.

Thanks for the idea, and pre-thanks for any more details.