POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Limping Back Home (B-29 bomber) : Re: Limping Back Home (B-29 bomber) Server Time
2 Jun 2024 08:56:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limping Back Home (B-29 bomber)
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Mar 2010 11:35:01
Message: <web.4bacd344ae0d85565f302820@news.povray.org>
FlyerX <fly### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> I was looking into the wrong newsgroup. The animation is really good. It
> does give the impression of what a tail gunner would be seeing while
> this aircraft tries to stay in formation.

YES, my idea too. (For one of my early test animations, I actually placed the
camera inside a tail gunner bubble.  It was faked, though-- just an image_map
overlay that looked like aluminum struts, applied during the motion-blur
post-processing step, with *some* matching movement to 'blend it in.' It looked
interesting, but needed real geometry. Didn't pursue it at the time...) One good
thing that came out of the experiment was discovering that I could use my
motion-blur code to do compositing with. BTW, the code is, at its core, just a
pigment_map set-up using 'average'--with some bells and whistles to automate the
process. I do plan on posting it.

> I still think you should post [the animation] publicly for everyone to see.
 > Vimeo.com may be a better fit for this animation.

I'll look into that; not familiar with it.

Ken