POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Limping Back Home (B-29 bomber) : Re: Limping Back Home (B-29 bomber) Server Time
19 May 2024 11:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limping Back Home (B-29 bomber)
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 Mar 2010 16:15:00
Message: <web.4babc3e8ae0d85565f302820@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> ...we all know that a project of this magnitude
> requires so much thought, planning...

Planning?? :-[

I wish I could YES to that, but...

The scene started out as just a far-less-detailed airplane and the ground. Which
I animated.  "Wow!  Cool!", I thought. I was about ready to sign-off on the
project(!) at that point. (It was just an experiment for my own pleasure.)  Then
I added some clouds--really cheesy ones, just a bozo pigment on another plane.
"Wow! Cool!", I thought. And was about ready to sign-off on *that*!

Then one detail led to another...(and one coding challenge led to another.)

It's quite a mystery that something 'worthwhile' can develop from such a
skeleton-like beginning. Hard to know when to continue or when to stop! Of
course, as such a scene develops, it starts showing the 'holes' that need
filling. Then it becomes a matter of not wanting to post the scene until it
looks 'good enough' to present to the user community. THEN it becomes a matter
of not wanting to post it until it's PERFECT!!!!!!   ;-0