POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Ghurghusht Rotation Movie : Re: Ghurghusht Rotation Movie Server Time
17 May 2024 00:51:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghurghusht Rotation Movie
From: Kenneth
Date: 24 Mar 2010 22:45:01
Message: <web.4baacb9566310e0765f302820@news.povray.org>
> Kenneth schrieb:
> > ...It reminds me of those seminal films
> > taken by the APOLLO moon-landing astronauts (Apollo 8?)...
>
> (Just as a side note: The moon-landers would have been the Apollo 11
> team. The Apollo 8 crew were the first to orbit the moon though, and so
> as far as moon-circling footage goes, that of Apollo 8 is probably more
> famous.)

Sorry, I didn't think many people (read: youngsters) would remember just what
the Apollo flights were for(!) Probably seems like ancient history to many, like
Greek mythology or something. Yes indeed, Apollo 11 was THE event; I remember
staying awake about 30 hours straight, watching the entire spectacle
unfold--with good ol' Walter Cronkite giving a minute-by-minute account. For
anyone lucky enough to be of age then, it was a life-changing event, burned into
memory.