POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Techniques for grabbing tagged files off of a data CD. : Techniques for grabbing tagged files off of a data CD. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Techniques for grabbing tagged files off of a data CD.
From: gregjohn
Date: 22 Mar 2010 12:30:00
Message: <web.4ba79af5111f89a4a00085090@news.povray.org>
I want to create a CD with a bunch of files on it.  I want to make it easy for
the user, regardless of OS, to be able to grab subsets of the files.  If we were
talking about books, say all the ones by Chris Cason or all the ones about
povray.

If there were enough room, an inefficient way, but one guaranteed to work, is to
create separate directory systems, one by author, one by topic, etc..  Chris'
hypothetical book on povray would be put into two different directories. Then
the user could go to the directory of interest and copy everything.

I'm wondering if there's some technology out there that can do this? Python
scripts? Windows Shortcuts?