POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : volume rendering from a text file containing positions in 3 dimensions : Re: volume rendering from a text file containing positions in 3 dimensions Server Time
7 Jul 2024 08:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volume rendering from a text file containing positions in 3 dimensions
From: anki
Date: 22 Mar 2010 11:20:01
Message: <web.4ba78a8ad4b839c79d090110@news.povray.org>
Dear Alain and Christian

Thank you very much for your response and giving me suggestions to read the text
file.
I am able to produce the image, but still i have got some issues

I use camera location and look_at and light_source with these positions given
below.

Actually i used different positions for them to get a nice 3-dimensional image,
but i think i am not using optimal values

the set of particles positions i have, x-position ranges from 0.0 to 40.0;
y-position ranges from 0.0-20.0 and z-position ranges from 0-10.0

that means x-dimension is of 40 particle diameter length; y-dimension is of
20-particle diameter length and z-dimension is of 10-particle diameter length

particle diameter is 1.0

could you please suggest me the best way to put the light source and camera
position

background { color Cyan}
camera {
    location <0, 5, -3>