POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender : Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender Server Time
3 Jul 2024 16:43:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender
From: Mr
Date: 22 Mar 2010 08:35:00
Message: <web.4ba763845e67f53267d76f690@news.povray.org>
> Mr schrieb:
> > clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> >> Same does (or at least should) happen with "background" when you use
> >> RGBT colors with 1 for transmit.
> >
> > Well maybe I have been using a bug of the background feature that does just what
> > I needed then.
> >
> >> Maybe what you really want to achieve needs filter instead of transmit?
>
> I just tried it myself (using POV-Ray only - God forbid that blender
> ever finds its way onto my computer ;-)), and came to the conclusion
> that (A) transmit is indeed what you want; (B) tga output differs
> slightly under some circumstances (at least when viewed with IC; I
> suspect some pitfalls regarding gamma handling with respect to the alpha
> channel); but also that aside from these small discrepancies, (C) my
> current POV-Ray beta development version does it right (to the best of
> my knowledge it should match official beta.36 regarding output file
> alpha handling), so that (D) from my seat it appears that there's some
> issue with blender's alpha channel handling.

I have been trying all that with PNG, not TGA
Maybe my beta version is not the same, I will try with POV 3.6 (was using
official 3.7 beta 36 till now). And if I still meet the problem, I'll try
explaining it better when I have the time and less internet connexion problems.
That time I will try to post with pictures and files.