POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender : Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender Server Time
3 Jul 2024 16:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender
From: Mr
Date: 21 Mar 2010 16:30:01
Message: <web.4ba6813d5e67f532ceca8c680@news.povray.org>
> Same does (or at least should) happen with "background" when you use
> RGBT colors with 1 for transmit.

Well maybe I have been using a bug of the background feature that does just what
I needed then.

> Maybe what you really want to achieve needs filter instead of transmit?

I tried and it didn't work. I'll try again. Here is the script that exports
blender's default scene with its background:
http://pastebin.fr/7175
For official Blender 2.5 alpha
it needs to be placed into .Blender/scripts/io directory, then you can chose
povray from the renderer drop down instead of blender internal.
With both render engines, the blender buffer shows a background color that can
be removed by the "draw image with alpha" (tooltip on mouse over) button.
This behaviour is what I would want with a skysphere, but it seems like it can
behave the same just for one color out of all those int the sky_sphere gradient
colormap.

Thanks for answering already.