POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender : Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender Server Time
3 Jul 2024 17:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender
From: Mr
Date: 20 Mar 2010 06:10:01
Message: <web.4ba49e595e67f53249313f190@news.povray.org>
Following my previous attempt, I am now trying to do the same thing with a
sky_sphere with a gradient pigment in it instead of the flat "background" (maybe
I can use a gradient with background?) Anyway, It doesn't seem to behave the
same:
when I put RGBT colors with value 1 for transmit of both colors in the colormap,
it results in a non colored background what I would want is a colored gradient
from horizon to zenith but still a flat sky matte in the alpha channel...

Here is an instance of the kind of current output I am trying:

sky_sphere {
  pigment {
    grandient z //(Blender coordinates system has Z upwards)
    color_map {
      [0.0 rgbt<0.9, 0.5, 0.8, 1>]
      [1.0 rgbt<0.3, 0.9, 0.9, 1>]
    }