POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bullet : Re: Bullet Server Time
14 May 2024 14:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bullet
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 19 Mar 2010 16:40:01
Message: <web.4ba3e0e49f521821cba3fb0f0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> I think you should work more on the textures. While the colors are
> probably close to accurate, the finish and normals could use more work.
> Try imitating something like:
>
> http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2306/2360441422_caa80a0d05.jpg

Good suggestion. Adding dents to the casing worked well. But I'm having a hard
time with the copper. This is what I've come up with so far...

By the way, this bullet is a 5.56 x 45 mm round instead of the 7.62 x 39 mm one.
Ironically, now that the bullet is available for use I found that it didn't
quite fit in the scene I made it for, which was a military-themed Metallica
picture. Oh well, it was fun to make and I'll probably find some other use for
it.

Regards,
Dave Blandston

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bullet_5.56 x 45 mm.jpg' (153 KB)

Preview of image 'bullet_5.56 x 45 mm.jpg'
bullet_5.56 x 45 mm.jpg