POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bullet : Bullet Server Time
14 May 2024 11:54:15 EDT (-0400)
  Bullet
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 17 Mar 2010 23:10:01
Message: <web.4ba1985abdbf3543cba3fb0f0@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

This is just a simple bullet made as a lathe object. I wanted to smooth the
sharp corners but I wasn't able to get any of the built-in curve types to work
for that purpose. I had to use a linear_spline and make faceted corners to round
them off. But anyway, you can't see any difference in the final product, which
is a 7.62 x 39mm cartidge. I selected that particular round because it's
historically important, and there happens to be a diagram showing the
measurements on the Wikipedia website. (Actually, only the casing is a
linear_spline. The bullet itself is a cubic_spline.)

Regards,
Dave Blandston

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: