POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Contact binary : Contact binary Server Time
17 May 2024 18:53:59 EDT (-0400)
  Contact binary
From: ajtribick
Date: 15 Mar 2010 12:35:02
Message: <web.4b9e60a58136069e19366dbe0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Very infrequent poster here...

Well unfortunately I didn't get round to entering in the IRTC space competition
because of various factors, but I recently got round to finishing up one of the
elements I had planned to include in the scene, and turned it into a quick
animation.

This is a render of a contact binary system of the W Ursae Majoris type. Two
objects are used: an isosurface representing the common photosphere of the
binary stars, and a second container object holding three separate media for the
lower atmosphere (some kind of analogue to the chromosphere I guess) and the two
coronae.

I haven't gotten around to animating the photosphere texture - would be handy to
have some possibility of extending the procedural textures into the 4th
dimension for animations.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'wuma.mpg' (656 KB)