POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Is sphere_sweep known to be troublesome? : Re: Is sphere_sweep known to be troublesome? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 03:57:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is sphere_sweep known to be troublesome?
From: Roman Reiner
Date: 13 Mar 2010 06:15:01
Message: <web.4b9b73522e5cb7c2994105c90@news.povray.org>
Not sure if in this case it is a bug or just one of the limitations of
sphere_sweeps but anyway:
I always use a string of cones with spheres at the joints rather than a
sphere_sweep. It renders faster, you can easily change the resolution according
to your needs and you don't get such problems.
Actually this works so well, i'm wondering why they don't implement it that
way...

Regards Roman