POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Modeling software : Re: Modeling software Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modeling software
From: Kene
Date: 10 Mar 2010 07:05:01
Message: <web.4b9789ecb3991a22772dd76f0@news.povray.org>
"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I proposed writing a paper to my architecture-professor friend, one on the topic
> of auto-generation of buildings from a given land contour, but he wasn't
> interested.

Auto-generation is a bad idea for architectural design, which is what architects
are interested in. You want to be as interactive (actually, visually
interactive)
as possible. This is also why POV-Ray is not considered an appropriate tool or
even a possibility in the tools for architectural design. It needs an
appropriate user interface.

I am not surprised by your professor's reaction.