POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding in ___ is like ___ : Re: Coding in ___ is like ___ Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding in ___ is like ___
From: nemesis
Date: 7 Mar 2010 19:30:00
Message: <web.4b9443e7adada4adb0d02ed10@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lC1lRz5Z_s
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKhH2hRa-WQ
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r65goW_dzs0
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swkT07TP-mo
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxGy83aipbY
>
>   You forgot Rondo Alla Turca:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCSevzJQ2-Y

I forgot many, including Symphony n40 and some of the most memorable piano
concertos.  Doesn't change a thing for someone who listens to it as a bland wall
of sound, instead of having the pleasure and intellectual satisfaction of
following the themes, it's development, and analyzing the interlocked harmonic
plot at several interpretative levels.  I'm not even sure Mozart's top pops
demand that level of attention to be pleasing...

>   Btw, the Magic Flute opera referenced above sounds like one of the most
> demanding and difficult operas for the singer I have heard. Beautiful when
> performed by a talented singer.

Yes.  And aside from the sheer beauty and technical demand, it's also amusing to
see a human actually singing like a bird... :)

The singer then leaves the stage.  I'm sure there must be a couch in the back
for her to rest after that...