POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender : Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender Server Time
3 Jul 2024 17:00:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender
From: Mr
Date: 6 Mar 2010 16:20:00
Message: <web.4b92c61d5e67f5321408b2c10@news.povray.org>
> I'm not sure I completely understand the behavior you want
> and I don't know blender. If you wish to have color information
> *and* alpha channel in the background portions you can do it
> in 3.7 using a background color with transparency, e.g.
>
>    background {color rgbt <x,y,z,0.5>}

Wow! exactly what I needed I hadn't tried because of a post saying it didn't
work but it was 3.6 related. This software really is adorable! And you guys are
up to it :)

This has allowed me to make my first contribution to a script, I'm so proud of
myself! even if it's probably not to be added to the official release, it will
work for me and encourages me to go further.