POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Modeling software : Re: Modeling software Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modeling software
From: Kene
Date: 6 Mar 2010 11:50:00
Message: <web.4b928585b3991a2214e058f40@news.povray.org>
> (My first attempt gave me seconds-per-pixel rates instead of pixels-per-second

Sorry if I am a bit ignorant but what do you mean by the above sentence?

Would you mind if I sent you a copy of what I have so far? If you have attempted
this before maybe you have experience I could learn from? I am putting up a blog
site to allow feedback and download on this effort but until it is live I would
be very happy if you could test and send me some comments/suggestions now. And
this goes for anyone else interested in creating buildings using POV-Ray.

The web site well be life in about 2 weeks at the most.

> But something interactive could be fun, yes. So far, Wings is the thing I've
> found it easiest to make buildings in, but it lacks niceities like the
> ability to put a wall across two other walls and have it actually join up
> seamlessly.

My effort is a building design system, so it is interactive. It will allow you
to model a house in ways that only POV-Ray SDL can do (in my experience) which
is closest to how it is done in real life. This means that you actually build
the house as opposed to drawing it. Think what tex/latex is to writing documents
as opposed to word-processors. Hopefully, it won't be as cryptic but I can
easily see it as similarly complex over time. Which a good user-guide will
easily smooth over, I think.