POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : cant get density{sphereical} to work : cant get density{sphereical} to work Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:30:29 EDT (-0400)
  cant get density{sphereical} to work
From: james dublin
Date: 5 Mar 2010 19:55:01
Message: <web.4b91a74df131dde7a6facfae0@news.povray.org>
hello all

I'm just playing about with povray getting used to what going on ...BUT...

i either don't understand something or haven't turned something on as a simple
scene  will not render a sphere with a spherical density modifier for the
containing medium i was expecting to see a sphere with a decreasing radial
colour density, instead its just not there. a variation on this is  if i use a
density_map in which case only the outer most layer is viable.... WHY is this
happening? as it doesn't seem to be a very complicated thing to get to work,
even the example in the povray tutorial wont work.

I'm working in Linux (ubuntu 9.04 64 bit) Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer
Version 3.6.1 (Debian  (x86_64-linux-gnu-g+
+ 4.3.3 @ x86_64-pc-Linux-gnu))
though the problem also happens in windows version

what do i change please thanks

James

code follows:

#include "colors.inc"