POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Newest film made with POV-Ray : Re: Newest film made with POV-Ray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newest film made with POV-Ray
From: Dan Byers
Date: 20 Feb 2010 10:35:01
Message: <web.4b80000f1048449622b20c6f0@news.povray.org>
> Dan Byers wrote:
>
> > Anyway, check it out, let me know what you think.  Cheers :)
>
> Great! More of that three-eyed guy, please ;)
>
> You might try placing hand drawn characters as billboards into a
> 3d environment so you're not limited to a completely static view.

Thanks.  I've been trying to think of a way to combine the hand-drawn frames as
part of a genuine 3-D world without it looking like a typical motion-graphics
exercise.  Some of the ideas I've had on how to do it would exponentially
increase my production time, and I'm doubtful the final result would be worth
the extra effort.

Dan