POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : How to export moray scene to povray so it is editable in povray : Re: How to export moray scene to povray so it is editable in povray Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to export moray scene to povray so it is editable in povray
From: BillF
Date: 19 Feb 2010 07:10:00
Message: <web.4b7e7eb9e66176b63c5dab4e0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> "BillF" <h_h### [at] verizonnet> schreef in bericht
> >I wonder? is it possible to export a moray scene file directly to povray so
> >that
> > I can edit the small nuances (increasing the ior, for example) in povray?
> > Also
> > would help in developing better scenes, since moray has limited
> > capabilities in
> > this area
> >

> Except for the DirectCode plugin, no. Moray is indeed in need of a serious
> overhaul, but that will take a while I guess and not before POV-Ray version
> 3.7 is released. Personally, I often use Moray as a building start of more
> complex scenes which I later continue to develop directly in POV-Ray,
> sometimes adding Moray elements by cut and glue processes. Cumbersome, but
> it works. For most of my scenes however, I use mesh modellers nowadays and
> Moray is mostly on the backburner gathering dust. Still, I am fond of that
> application which really made me familiar with POV-Ray thirteen years ago.
>
> Thomas

Hi, Thomas

Where would I find the "DirectCode" plugin, and how easy is it to install and
use. I too have used Moray and Povray for years, but that came to a crashing
halt when I was forced to start using Vista. It has been at least 5 years since
using these programs, and I'm finding it difficult to reaquaint myself with the
ins and outs of them.

Thanks for giving me a hint as to what to do
Bill