POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Most up to date landscape generator ? : Re: Most up to date landscape generator ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most up to date landscape generator ?
From: Mr
Date: 15 Feb 2010 15:10:01
Message: <web.4b79a8dc93a56a007c139aae0@news.povray.org>
> There is no problem using the same mesh 1000's of times in a scene, but
> 1000 identical trees together is not realistic.

Yes, that's why I turned to Povray in the first place to have some random seeds
anywhere I can with the same definitions. One thing that would be nice would be
if the generated trees can be used to grow other plants upon them like what the
following ivy generator sofware does:
http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/

Only, it would be so much better if it could work without the need of finished
meshes but take advantage of Povray syntax and be generated at render time only
over procedurally generated trees without intersecting them.

Has there been any experiment with such growth algorythms in Povray?