POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help with alpha channel : Help with alpha channel Server Time
7 Jul 2024 08:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Help with alpha channel
From: Gobnat
Date: 15 Feb 2010 08:00:01
Message: <web.4b794483fdaaa12e6ed880d60@news.povray.org>
I am getting v. confused.

When I render this file (ss.pov):

camera {
  location <.2,0,2.4>
  look_at <0,0,0>
  angle 36

}

sphere{<0,0,0>,.5
    texture {pigment {color rgb<118,23,255>}}
    }

With this command:
povray ss.pov

I get a white circle on a black background

When I do it with this command:
povray ss.pov Output_Alpha=True

I get a magenta circle on an alpha channel background.

I assumed that, in each case, since there was no light source, the whole scene
should be black.  Can someone tell me where the light comes from?
.... and why rendering with an alpha channel produces different results (outside
the alpha area)?

Thanks

Gobnat