POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : memory problem with radiosity : Re: memory problem with radiosity Server Time
6 Jul 2024 07:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: memory problem with radiosity
From: GraemeM
Date: 14 Feb 2010 16:25:00
Message: <web.4b786932a32fb1c13b07a810@news.povray.org>
> Turning virtual memory off in Windows is trivial. I don't think you can turn
> off virtual addressing, but that shouldn't have an impact on this problem.

I have experienced this with XP (32bit) and 4Gb ram.  The PC ran well for around
4 days and then started crashing on start up.  the only way to get it to boot
successfully was to re-enable the virtual memory.

I thought about running a RAM disk but as my PC was failing to boot properly I
assumed that the RAM disk might not initialize early enough to be of use.