POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 35a performance question : Re: 35a performance question Server Time
3 Jul 2024 15:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 35a performance question
From: GraemeM
Date: 14 Feb 2010 16:15:02
Message: <web.4b7866b2af79f61b13b07a810@news.povray.org>
I only have the scenes provided in 3.6.2 at the moment, however the next file
shows a definite performance improvement with 3.7 and even better with SSE2.

patio-radio.pov

3.6.2          512x384 No AA    90.87
3.6.2          512x384 AA .3    206.25

3.7.b35        512x384 No AA    80.9
3.7.b35        512x384 AA .3    189.39

3.7.b35 SSE2   512x384 No AA    71.79
3.7.b35 SSE2   512x384 AA .3    166.8

Thorsten, yes the last numbers are seconds (It didn't occur to me to put that in
and I should know better!).  In 3.6.2 the time is nearly all rendering time,
I'll check with 3.7 and find a more complex scene to give a more robust test.

Thanks, Graeme.