POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : using eval_pigment--some questions before starting : Re: using eval_pigment--some questions before starting Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using eval_pigment--some questions before starting
From: Kenneth
Date: 9 Feb 2010 16:20:00
Message: <web.4b71cfb680570be665f302820@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] anti-spamcomcastnet> wrote:

> I think you are missunderstanding vector promotion and
> extraction (demotion)....
>

> ...There is no type difference in POV between a
> 5D vector specified with color keywords or without.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm still trying to make clear sense of that.  :-)

Now that I have POV-Ray back up and running, I need to do some tests (with
eval_pigment, probably a good test platform) to fully understand where my
misconception lies re: dot operators and colors. Your reply shows me that I'm
making a subtle mistake in my thinking, somewhere. Thanks again.

Ken