POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do you convert POV-Ray CSG shapes into other 3D formats? : Re: How do you convert POV-Ray CSG shapes into other 3D formats? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do you convert POV-Ray CSG shapes into other 3D formats?
From: B  Gimeno
Date: 9 Feb 2010 14:55:00
Message: <web.4b71bcde69aaf4d868afa570@news.povray.org>
Reuben Pearse <reu### [at] pearsecouk> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there a way to convert POV-Ray's internal representation of a 3D
> shape (i.e. one constructed using CSG) into another 3D format - perhaps
> mesh or mesh2?
>
> Would it possible to write a POV-Ray macro to scan the surface of an
> object and create mesh2 type co-ordinates (would the trace function be
> able to do this?)
>
> I'm just thinking it would be nice to be able to easily convert POV-Ray
> models to other formats :-)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Reuben
> reu### [at] pearsecouk

The relationship between the next link and this thread can be considered as very
subtle (at best), but can serve as inspiration to try another ways. I regret the
absence of more examples and the presence of syntactic and grammatical errors.

regards,
B. Gimeno

http://www.persistencia.org/CATHELP/CAT.html