POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New car : Re: Manual mayhem Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Manual mayhem
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 4 Feb 2010 11:55:01
Message: <web.4b6afade4127e7526dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> And another thing. Does anybody remember when if you wanted to fit
> seatbelts, you just went to B&Q, bought some seatbelts, and bolted them
> to the car?

I don't think that's been an option for some decades.

> Then again, to replace the headlights, you have two options:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZWqU9X6PR4

The comments suggest they exaggerated the whole thing, but it makes a good
article. I especially like the way the presenter can replace the same bulb in
the VW in 20 seconds whilst drinking a cup of tea with the other hand!

As for the service stuff - well, that's the main reason I run an old, low-spec
car. I can do the annual service myself in an hour or so for 25 quid. :)